- More than 25 scholarly and popular books and journal articles in education, theology, psychology, fiction, and the arts.
A November 20, 2014, article in the New York Review of Books praised, at length, Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Dragon? by Yong Zhao, a book I edited for Jossey-Bass.
Another book I edited, Zig Zag: The Surprising Path to Greater Creativity, by Keith Sawyer, was briefly excerpted in the New Yorker and noted in Scientific American Mind.
- Editor in chief, St. Louis Magazine, 2005 – 2007 (during those years, newsstand sales increased by 54% and total paid circulation by almost 50%, and the magazine won a General Excellence award from the City & Regional Magazine Association)
- Editor, Script, the magazine of St. Louis College of Pharmacy, 2003 – 2005
- Editor, Barnes Magazine, Barnes Hospital, 1991 – 1992
- Editor, Universitas, Saint Louis University’s alumni magazine, 1985 – 1991 (won numerous awards from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Higher Education)